Friday, December 10, 2010

Biking In Downtown Austin Be Aware !!

    This blog written by David Love really surprised me. It talks about how riding a bike in downtown on the sidewalk can lead you to a ticket or even worse to an arrest. I myself used by bike not too long ago in downtown with friends on the sidewalk at some point and had no issue. Furthermore at some point I was about to ask an officer on that question but didn’t. I am surprised to learn from my classmate blog that this is happening. Austin, city of biking in downtown area and known parks, actually is making it more dangerous for bike riders. I am sure that the person who wrote that law never biked in downtown otherwise he or her would never even propose such law that puts them at high risk. I will thing twice, but I d like to see some biker groups driving in the road in the middle of the lanes like motorcycle witch is legal to protest such stupid law.

No comments: